High Heels and Low Back Pain--My Four Hour Rule




I love to wear high heels just as much as every women out there, but there is a problem. Wearing high heels causes misaligments in your feet that lead to misalignments in your low back that lead to severe low back pain over time. When you wear high heels your feet are in constant flexion, which increases the curve in your low back. Imagine how the constant pressure wears out your low back.

The experts recommend you should not wear high heels for more than 2 hours at a time. I have developed a compromise that is actually effective. I call it the Four Hour Rule. Do not wear high heels for more than four hours at a time. These four hours would best be spent when you are socializing and want to dress up. If you must wear high heels for that morning presentation in the office, bring a pair of flats with good support with you to change into.


Please visit http://www.drsusancarter.com/ for more information.


I have to dedicate this Blog to one of my awesome patients that is in severe low back pain and continues to wear her heels. She is such a great dresser, and my mission is to convince her to wear flats during the day:)

Comments

Popular Posts